Accountant Karhu Holding Apply now
Karhu is a 104 year young running brand from Finland with subsidiaries in Amsterdam NL and Marblehead USA. Karhu develops leading running shoes in the market. With the newest technology we are able to develop better shaped shoes to offer runners a high-end running experience. We also bring to market a premium lifestyle shoes and apparel line, inspired on our long heritage in sport.With business activities on almost all continents Karhu can be considered a global brand.
What are we looking for:
Karhu is looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for managing and oversee the accounting process for Karhu Holding B.V. and Karhu Europe B.V.
Main responsibilities are:
- daily bank posting and reconciliation;
- weekly web payment reconciliation;
- maintaining a daily cash flow forecast;
- Accounts Receivable:
- daily oversee on customer invoices issued by the operation team;
- daily posting of eventual manual customer invoices;
- weekly upload of the direct debits to customers;
- daily customer collection of overdues: direct contact with customers and eventually with the related sales reps;
- contact with the collection agency and the lawyers in case of legal claims;
- Accounts Payable:
- daily posting vendor invoices;
- weekly payments to vendors;
- General Ledger:
- monthly payroll posting, related payment of net salary and tax / social contribution;
- monthly agent commission calculation;
- monthly upload store sales and related reconciliations;
- support on monthly closing (reconciliations, accruals, etc.);
- perform independently all periodical fulfilments related to the VAT;
- perform independently all periodical fulfilments related to the Intra-Community declaration (ICP).
Knowledge and experience
- high school diploma or university degree in Business Economy or Financial Administration;
- > 5 years relevant work experience in a similar position in an international environment;
- it’s mandatory a good written and spoken English, a sufficient written and spoken Dutch and it’s a benefit the knowledge one of the followings languages: German, French or Spanish;
- it’s mandatory a good knowledge of the finance module of Microsoft Dynamics Nav (at least version 2009 R2);
- good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications in general;
- Dutch accounting GAAP;
- it’s mandatory a good knowledge of the VAT rules and ICP rules.
- Planning and organizing
- Progress control
- Written and verbal communication
- Problem analysis
Position in the organisation
This position reports to the Group Controller.
It can alternatively be our office in Cuneo (Italy) or our office in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), with the possibility of working a few days a week remotely.